[Spacewalk-list] Configuration File Import Problem

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Mar 2 12:50:04 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2 Mar 2010, Miroslav Suchý wrote:

>> Selinux related? I've got selinux disabled on the clients, and I get this
>> error whenever I try to import.
>
> I did not said that. Just that selinux is one of values we upload.
> And what does mean import? Do you try to upload it from client to
> server. Or download it from server to client?

Sorry, I was only wondering.  I'm reporting this under 0.7.

If I try to import some files from a client using the webui to the system
sandbox, then it fails like this on import.  So Add Files, Import Files.

If I pull files down from the server to a client with rhncfg-client then all
is well.

It's appears to be a property of the file, which was why I was wondering about
selinux:

I try to import:

/etc/X11/xorg.conf                                      fails
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.backup                               succeeds
cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf.backup /etc/X11/xorg.conf.fake
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.fake                                 fails
rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf.fake
mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf.backup /etc/X11/xorg.conf.fake
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.fake                                 succeeds

jh