[Spacewalk-list] Error connecting to Database

Vishal Patil vishalspatil at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 13:56:26 UTC 2010

Hi ,

I recreated the DB and it worked , but when I try to install spacewalk i get
the following error

[root at Spacewalk-test ~]# spacewalk-setup --disconnected
* Setting up Oracle environment.
* Setting up database.
** Database: Setting up database connection.
DB User? spacewalk
DB Password?
DB SID? xe
DB hostname? localhost
DB port [1521]?
DB protocol [TCP]?
*** Database: Testing database connection.
Database is using an invalid (non-UTF8) character set: (NLS_CHARACTERSET =
US7ASCII)*

What does this error means , Can it be changed from some file or I need to
make changes in Database

Please suggest on how to proceed with fixing this error

2010/3/3 Michael Mraka <michael.mraka at redhat.com>

> Vishal Patil wrote:
> % Hi All,
> %
> % I get the following error when trying to connect to Oracle XE database
> %
> % *************
> %
> % sqlplus 'sys at xe as sysdba'
> % SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Wed Mar 3 11:00:33 2010
> % Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle.  All rights reserved.
> % Enter password:
> % ERROR: ORA-12528: TNS:listener: all appropriate instances are blocking
> new
> % connections
> %
> % ***************************
>
> Did you follow 'Additional Oracle configuration' section on
> https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/OracleXeSetup ?
>
> What does
>
>  # sqlplus $(spacewalk-cfg-get default_db)
>  SQL> show parameters processes
>
> show?
>
> Regards,
>
> --