[Spacewalk-list] Register client on XEN failed

Thomas Bendler ml at bendler-net.de
Thu Mar 4 14:17:44 UTC 2010

Hi @all,

I've tried to register a client (CentOS 5.4 x64 on XEN) with my spacewalk
box:

rpm -Uvh
http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/0.8/RHEL/5/x86_64/spacewalk-client-repo-0.8-1.el5.noarch.rpm
wget -O /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-redhat-release
http://www.redhat.com/security/37017186.txt
rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-redhat-release
rpm -Uvh http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/testing/5/`uname-p`/python-dmidecode-3.10.7-3.el5.`uname
-p`.rpm
yum -y install rhn-client-tools rhn-check rhn-setup rhnsd m2crypto
yum-rhn-plugin
curl -Sks https://xxx.yyy.zzz/pub/bootstrap/bootstrap.sh | /bin/bash
rhn-actions-control --enable-all

This failed because of a DMI error like this one:

[root at fox ~]# rhn-profile-sync
/dev/mem: mmap: Bad address
No SMBIOS nor DMI entry point found, sorry.Aktualisiere das Paket Profil...
Hardware-Profil aktualisieren...
/dev/mem: mmap: Bad address
[root at fox ~]# uname -a
Linux fox.yyy.zzz 2.6.18-164.11.1.el5xen #1 SMP Wed Jan 20 08:06:04 EST 2010
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
[root at fox ~]#

Using:

/usr/sbin/rhnreg_ks --serverUrl=http://xxx.yyy.zzz/XMLRPC --activationkey
1-123456789

throw also an error but succeed to register. Now I don't have the chance to
push configuration files to this box. Guess this is caused by the DMI part,
is there a way to disable DMI checks on XEN based hosts?

Kind regards, Thomas