[Spacewalk-list] Error during remove packages

rob morrien rmorrien at xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 4 14:23:02 UTC 2010

>> On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, rob morrien wrote:
>>
>>> Hello support,
>>>
>>> i have a channel in spacewalk containing 9713 packages.
>>> i try to remove the packages  before i delete the channel.
>>> during the remove i got the 500 error below.
>>>

>>> afther this error i was not possible to signon into spacewalk
>>> i had to restore my spacewalk machine from the backup
>>>
>>> pls fix this problem
>>>
>>> 500 Error - Internal Server Error
>>
>> You've just said you've had an error message from your server saying
>> 'something went wrong at the server end'.  Then you say you've restored
>> your
>> machine from a backup.
>>
>> I assume you've kept the screwed up machine untouched, so that it's
>> possible
>> for people to work out what went wrong.
>>
>> You at least looked through the catalina.out and any other logs right?
>>
>> jh
>>
> sorry guys,
>
> i have only one machine , so i restored on the bad one.
>
> regards rob

hello guys,

i get also the 500 error afther deleting first the software channel
and in step 2 i use the manage software package to delete the packages in
no channel. if i try to delete more than 2500 packages in one action i got
the 500 error.   we have to delete 9738 packages my workarond is

i do 4 actions 3 times 2500 an in the last action the rest.

regards rob