[Spacewalk-list] Kickstart and registration

Jonas Bygdén jonas.bygden at trioptima.com
Fri Mar 5 09:06:38 UTC 2010

Hi,

When kickstarting a system it gets automatically registered by the use
of the cobbler snippet 'redhat_register'. Is there a way to disable this
completely?

The main reason for my question is that cobbler adds a default key to
all systems using the "Red Hat Management Key" variable, and we don't
want that. I've tried to edit the cobbler profiles to remove that
auto-generated key, but I don't seem to be able to do that.

We're adding our own activation keys in a post script and re-registering
the system, which causes the system to be registered twice. Once with
the by cobbler auto generated key, and once with our keys.

/Jonas