[Spacewalk-list] Fix db_password patch for rhn/common/rhnConfig.py

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Mon Mar 15 14:48:58 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 07:28:53AM -0700, Eric wrote:
> There is an issue with the db_password. If it contains a '#' it will be truncated at that point.
>
> It took me awhile to figure out that the
> database password was getting truncated in
> /usr/share/rhn/common/rhnConfig.py (spacewalk 0.8) starting at line 483.
>
> I have included a patch that will only exclude lines from rhn.conf if the line begins with a #.

Eric,

I'm affraid we'd need different solution to the problem. If we start
to strip only lines where the hash sign is at the first position, we
might break things for people who actually have comments in their
config files on the data lines.

Also, similar fix would most likely be needed for the Perl and Java
stacks as well.

Presumably, we'd need some other way to quote the password entries (as
well as other entries that might include the hash sign or different
"unsafe" characters).

--
Jan Pazdziora