[Spacewalk-list] CENTOS packages being linked to RHEL channels

Mullis, Josh (CCI - Atlanta) josh.mullis at cox.com
Wed Mar 17 23:30:28 UTC 2010

Hello all...

I am having an issue where it seems packages from centos and rhel are
getting intermingled.

Packages from centos are being linked to rhel channels if they have the
same name/version.
The only difference is the checksum, which is how I thought it
determined the difference between the packages.

For example:
CENTOS:  openssh-clients-4.3p2-36.el5_4.4.x86_64.rpm   (MD5:
323bcbc172aaa184be6a09b74fbbf2f8)
RHEL:   openssh-clients-4.3p2-36.el5_4.4.x86_64.rpm    (MD5:
700204790cd941717e071ac5471a5fd2)

Here how this is happening...

1. sync centos repo to centos channels
2. sync rhel packages to rhel channels

During the RHEL rhnpush, since it sees the package name version in
spacewalk already, it adds/links the existing centos package to the rhel
channel.
It should be looking at the md5sum and seeing that they are different.

So once this happens, if I do an rhnpush of the RHEL version of
openssh-clients-4.3p2-36.el5_4.4.x86_64.rpm to the rhel channel, the
package gets orphaned immediately.

I know there are others who have CENTOS and RHEL on spacewalk.
Is anyone else having this issue, or am I missing something?
Using v0.6

Thanks
-Josh