[Spacewalk-list] Move client to proxy

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Wed Mar 24 08:02:38 UTC 2010

On 03/23/2010 08:41 PM, Knigga, Kris D wrote:
> Hello, all.
>
> I currently have a Spacewalk server set up with a few clients connected directly to it over a WAN link.  In order to put less stress on the WAN link, I'd like to move the clients from being directly connected to being connected through a local Proxy server.  Is there a way to simply change which server the client is looking at, or do I just have to unregister each machine from the Spacewalk server and reregister it with the Proxy server?

Just edit /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date

If you meant normal proxy (e.g. squid) just edit variable
  httpProxy
but normal squid could not cache too much, since most of urls are dynamic.

If you set up Spacewalk proxy server you just edit
  serverURL
and instead of spacewalk server url you put there spacewalk proxy server
url.

For both cases - there is no need to register machine again. It will
work automagicaly.

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering