[Spacewalk-list] FW: Issue with Spacewalk 0.8 install on CentOS 5 and Oracle 11G

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Sat Mar 27 20:38:44 UTC 2010

Hooker, Jonathan wrote:
% I was getting some errors while I was running main.sql. As you said, we have to clean everything in the schema. But there were existing connection to the spwk_apps user, so I could not drop it. I created another new schema SPWK_ADMIN and still give me some errors.
%
% Can you ask in the mailing list following question?
%
% What kinds of user privileges are required to run Main.sql? I have given the sysdba privileges and still give me below error.
%
%
% SQL> CREATE TABLE web_customer
%   2  (
%   3      id                            NUMBER NOT NULL
%   4                                        CONSTRAINT web_customer_id_pk PRIMARY KEY
%   5                                        USING INDEX TABLESPACE [[web_index_tablespace_2]],
%   6      name                          VARCHAR2(128) NOT NULL,
%   7      oracle_customer_id            NUMBER
%   8                                        CONSTRAINT web_customer_ocid_unq UNIQUE
%   9                                        USING INDEX TABLESPACE [[web_index_tablespace_2]],
%  10      oracle_customer_number        NUMBER
%  11                                        CONSTRAINT web_customer_ocn_unq UNIQUE
%  12                                        USING INDEX TABLESPACE [[web_index_tablespace_2]],
%  13      customer_type                 CHAR(1)
%  14                                        DEFAULT ('P') NOT NULL
%  15                                        CONSTRAINT web_customer_type_list
%  16                                            CHECK (customer_type in ( 'B' , 'P' )),
%  17      credit_application_completed  VARCHAR2(1),
%  18      created                       DATE
%  19                                        DEFAULT (sysdate) NOT NULL,
%  20      modified                      DATE
%  21                                        DEFAULT (sysdate) NOT NULL
%  22  )
%  23  TABLESPACE [[web_tablespace_2]]
%  24  ENABLE ROW MOVEMENT
%  25  ;
%                                       USING INDEX TABLESPACE [[web_index_tablespace_2]],
% ERROR at line 5:
% ORA-02216: tablespace name expected

main.sql contains "meta" tablespace names like [[web_index_tablespace_2]]
or [[8m_rbs]] etc. which are translated to real tablespace names during
spacewalk-setup run. The output is stored in deploy.sql.

So when trying manually setup schema you should either use deploy.sql or
manually replace [[...]] meta tablespace names in mail.sql into real names.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat