[Spacewalk-list] cobbler breakage possibly...

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Mon May 10 15:38:00 UTC 2010

On 10 May 2010 15:52, Tom Brown <tom at ng23.net> wrote:

>> Is this with Spacewalk 1.0 or are you using an earlier version?
>>
>> Reason for asking is that we're contemplating upgrading from 0.8 to 1.0
>> and are wondering if we should keep the old cobbler (1.6.6) or if 1.0
>> actually works with cobbler 2.
>>

> spacewalk relies on cobbler not cobbler > 2.x or whatever so if you have it
> already then it should be OK - If you upgrade cobbler as well as spacewalk
> then you'll hit the excaped variable problem in your snippets. I dont see
> why spacewalk wont work with cobbler 2.x - apart from the snippet issue i
> have not seen any other breakages

Yeah I was working fine on 2.0.3 until went to build a system that had
a few sippets in the kickstart then hit issues. Downgrading teh
package was the quickest solution I had whilst trying to get a new box
built.

This is spacewalk 1.0 for reference.

If we can just escape the variable I'll do a test upgrade later.

James