[Spacewalk-list] Oracle (XE but not specific to that) Backups...

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Mon May 17 09:30:14 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I figure someone else has probably run across this and can provide some advice.

After enabling online backups last week on our oracle-xe instance we
hit a problem of the flash recovery area filling up and stopping
oracle (and hence spacewalk) from responding. I gave a band aid of
increasing the allocated storage but can anyone provide any insight on
what can be archived off the DB server from the flashrecovery
directories (if anything) to stop this happening in future?

Our Oracle DB is currently sitting at about 2 gigs of DB used by the
spacewalk user. The flash recovery area was 10G and I've boosted it up
to 20 for now...

James