[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Proxy misbehving with metadata....

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Fri May 21 13:48:57 UTC 2010

On 05/21/2010 01:50 PM, James Hogarth wrote:
> 2010/5/21 Miroslav Suchý<msuchy at redhat.com>:
>> On 05/21/2010 12:46 PM, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm not sure if server send for repodata Last-Modified header. I had to
>>> check it, but I doubt it is send.
>>
>> I was wrong. Server *send*  Last-Modified header.
>> So we can lower that percent.
>>
>> --
>> Miroslav Suchy
>> Red Hat Satellite Engineering

> What would you suggest Miroslav? I'm happy to test it here with a
> variety of values over the next week ....

If you can try to do this change in squid.conf:

Put this line:

refresh_pattern    /XMLRPC/GET-REQ/.*/repodata/.*\.xml.*$ 0 1% 525960

just before this line:

refresh_pattern     .       0   100%    525960

This should say that repodata should not be validate for aprox. max 14
minutes (if you sat-sync every day -> repodata change every day and you
dowload repodata shortly before you regenerate them). After this time
the file is validated on parent by 304.

If you can test this setting and report back, then it will help me a lot.