[Spacewalk-list] Custom child channel and spacewalk-repo-sync on 1.0

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Thu May 6 21:41:49 UTC 2010

Looks like you missed --label in spacewalk-tell-sync. Check --help for
syntax. For starters anyway...

On May 6, 2010 9:08 PM, "Daniel Wittenberg" <dwittenberg2008 at gmail.com>
wrote:

We have a local repo with custom packages and I wanted to push that through
spacewalk instead of direct.  So I setup a new channel, but since I'm doing
a custom sync of EPEL and RPMForge I did this the same way.  In my cron
script I added:

cd /var/www/html/pub/centos/custom-64
createrepo /var/www/html/pub/centos/custom-64 > /dev/null
/usr/bin/spacewalk-repo-sync --channel custom-64 --url
file:///var/www/html/pub/centos/custom-64/ --type yum

Then if I add that channel to a client, it complains it can't find the
repodata.  So I looked in /var/cache/rhn/repodata and sure enough, no info
on the custom channel. I tried to symlink it over to the
/var/www/html/pub/centos/custom-64/repodata which then made the client
happy, sorta.  If I try and actually install something it tells me that it
can't find the package.

So it seems like for some reason when I added this channel everything is ok,
but spacewalk-repo-sync isn't creating the repo internally correctly ?

Ideas on where else to check?

Thanks!
Dan