[Spacewalk-list] Custom child channel and spacewalk-repo-sync on 1.0

Daniel Wittenberg dwittenberg2008 at gmail.com
Sat May 8 07:19:56 UTC 2010

Anyone else using custom repos?  I have one setup for RPMForge according to the example spacewalk docs, and it does the same thing.  There is nothing in /var/cache/rhn/repodata/<channel>, except for the Base OS and the Updates channel.  I create the links but then still can't download packages via yum, but I discovered tonight that it will let you download packages via the web interface, so not sure why web knows how to find them yet yum can't.

Any ideas where to even look?  Logs don't appear to show anything related except http logs showing the get coming in, appears to go off to tomcat, a Download*.do command, but I don't see any errors in catalina.out.

Any help appreciated, only thing keep this guy from being production at this point :(

Oh, and yes, I have tried deleting and re-creating the channels and nothing helps, only the ones I'm trying to sync from local yum repo fail, even ones done "by the book"

Dan