[Spacewalk-list] cobbler breakage possibly...

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Mon May 10 14:29:02 UTC 2010

Hi all,

A quick heads up....

My spacewalk server was updated to cobbler-2.0.3 when EPEL updated to
that from 1.6.6.

Looks like something borked in the api spacewalk liases with on
upgrade (or version) as my kickstarts had snippets in them that had
not be expanded when viewing the kickstarts. note that 'some'
kickstart snippets did expand... it was a bit weird ^^

Calling cobbler sync from the spacewalk UI and tailing the cobbler log
files didnt' show much, if anything, happening.

Reverting cobbler to 1.6.6 then rerunning cobbler sync showed the api
being used to sync up cobbler with the spacewalk database.

Think I can break and reproduce easily enough by just updating cobbler
and restarting cobblerd then adding/changing kickstart snippets and
then the snippet not being expanded (might not even need to add or
change given my 'base' kickstart which has existed for several months
without changes was affected).

James