[Spacewalk-list] Custom child channel and spacewalk-repo-sync on 1.0

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Tue May 11 10:17:49 UTC 2010

> No, spacewalk-repo-sync pushes packages directly to database nad
> filesystem (thus must be run on spacewalk server locally) while rhnpush
> uses XMLRPC API and can be run from another box.

Ah so that could be a useful debug step for him...

If rhnpush uploads the packages and the repo metadata generation gets
triggered then there is an issue with spacealk-repo-sync specifically
for him but if the packages load and the metadata still doesn't get
generated looks more like an oracle/taskomatic possible issue.

Thanks for that - filed away in that cobwebbed mind of mine for
debugging uses if I have problems here in the future ;)

James