[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Proxy misbehving with metadata....

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Thu May 20 13:46:18 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Just a quick heads up until I get in the office tomorrow and can pull
some logs to get a better picture but putting it out there now in case
anyone sees similar....

Since upgrading to spacewalk 1.0 it has become a much more common
occurrence to find clients on the far side of the spacewalk-proxy to
report checksum didn't match metadata or some such error on yum
installs/updates.

Stopping squid, clearing out /var/spool//squid and starting squid
again resolves this - but of course this is somewhat a sledgehammer to
the problem as it eliminates the cache of everything else too....

Tomorrow I'll grab squid logs as a system attempts to update and post
them - but any initial ideas?

James