[Spacewalk-list] Debian support in Spacewalk

Hello,

  I have finished my thesis: Native Support for DEB Packages in Spacewalk
Text of the thesis is available on http://www.stud.fit.vutbr.cz/~xdurfi00/diplomka/xdurfi00.pdf

The tools for clients can be downloaded from https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Axsuchy%3Adebian-spacewalk
(packages for Ubuntu were not tested, but I suppose they are OK).
I have to mention, that the packages can be unstable so it is better to try them in some
testing enviroment.

All the patches are included in the night build of Spacewalk.

In the chapter Testing in thesis you can see features, which should be working correctly:
  - registration of client
  - distribution of configuration file
  - remote command
  - removing the package
  - uploading DEB package to Spacewalk

Unfortunately the clients are not able to get these packages from Spacewalk (this would require some modification of APT as some plugin or similar), this feature should be first aim in the next work, but probably I will not have time for that, if there is someone with knowledge about APT
plugins and want to try to do it, he can contact me.

Regards,
  Lukas