[Spacewalk-list] Kernel Panic (CentOS 5.5 Spacewalk 1.0 Oracle XE 10.2.0.1)

L A Hurst L.A.Hurst at lboro.ac.uk
Tue May 25 10:49:09 UTC 2010

Hi Guys and Gals,
A couple of days ago I setup Spacewalk 1.0 on a brand new 32-bit CentOS 5.5 install following the instructions on the wiki (including installing the exact version of Oracle described). I have not yet had chance to register any machines in it or setup any configuration channels etc.

This morning I discovered that the machine had Kernel panicked, caused by one 'oracle' process. Nothing was logged, unfortunately.

Clearly without more information it is going to be difficult to get to the bottom of the problem but I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this?

SELinux is enabled and I installed all the SELinux policy rpms as described on the wiki, but could this be the root cause?

Any ideas/suggestions welcome!

Cheers,
Laurence