[Spacewalk-list] passing proxy=http://url anaconda boot option does not load kickstart file from Spacewalk

Marcus Moeller mail at marcus-moeller.de
Wed May 26 14:48:05 UTC 2010

Hi again,

>> While trying to install F13 RC3 through a http proxy, kickstart file
>> is not retrieved from Spacewalk.
>
> Define "not retrieved".
> Does you see hit in http proxy log?
> Does you see hit in spacewalk httpd log?
> It is blocked on the way? Or proxy or spacewalk return 4xx or 5xx code?

It looks the same as if the IP address/range is not given in the Bare
Metal section and generates the following message in catalina.out:

2010-05-19 09:58:57,251 [TP-Processor1] ERROR
com.redhat.rhn.frontend.action.kickstart.RenderKickstartFileAction -
No kickstart filecontents found for: /org/2/mode/ip_range params:
{org_id=2, ksdata=null, host=spacewalk.domain.example} ksdata: null

As for fun, I tried to add the IP of the proxy itself to the Bare
Metal section and the message disappears (but it does still not work
correctly).

Best Regards
Marcus