[Spacewalk-list] FW: Spacewalk 1.1 Configuration Channels - Uploading Files

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 23:41:56 UTC 2010

Sure, if you are on the Linux server that you want to upload files,
simply start a browser, login to spacewalk via the web UI go to the
config channel pages and upload the file.

Its a lot easier thought to install rncfg-management on the spacewalk
clients and use rhncfg-manager.  All of the rhncfg-* utils can be
installed on RHN Satellite/Spacewalk clients.

Hope that helps.

CC

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 10:54 PM,  <spopov at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Thank you. I installed the package and tried it out. This command line
> utilit lets me upload files resident on the Spacewalk Server itself, from
> the Spacewalk Server command line, into Configuration channels
>
> rhncfg-manager -c config-channel-name /path/to/file/on/spacewalk/server
>
> Is there a way to do either of these things
>
> 1)from within the SW Admin Gui, can Iupload a file from a linux server, any
> linux server,  into a Config Channel
> 2)usng the rhncfg-manager from the cmd line on the SW server, can I directly
> load a file from a different linux server - most of my conig files begin
> life in some application configuration on some other server; the sytax for
> path to file of    servername:/path/to/file did not seem to work
>

>> Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 11:55:00 +0800
>> From: colin.coe at gmail.com
>> To: spacewalk-list at redhat.com
>> Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] FW: Spacewalk 1.1 Configuration Channels -
>> Uploading Files
>>
>> rhncfg-manager /path/to/file/to/upload -c channel_label
>>
>> rhncf-manager comes from the rhncfg-management package
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 11:05 AM, <spopov at sympatico.ca> wrote:
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > I have a Spacewalk 1.1 server running on RHEL 5.5, and am starting to
>> > work
>> > with Configuration Channels. I have a simple question. Is there a way to
>> > Upload a configuration file from a Linux server - where configuration
>> > files
>> > tend to be created in the first place - directly from the Add Files app
>> > or
>> > somewhere else in the Spacewalk admin gui? So far I can see how to load
>> > file which is local to the machine running the brower (in this case my
>> > desktop), or import a file existing in another channel, or create the
>> > file
>> > from scratch. I can of course just get the file to my desktop many ways
>> > but
>> > it wouild be very convenient to be able to do it form within the Add
>> > File
>> > app.

>> --
>> RHCE#805007969328369