[Spacewalk-list] osad error - request to start session in non-serviced domain - SOLVED

David Hrbáč hrbac.conf at seznam.cz
Thu Nov 25 09:17:05 UTC 2010

Dne 23.11.2010 0:36, David Hrbáč napsal(a):
> Hi,
> I'm trying to use osad but I have this within my log:
> Nov 23 00:23:54 spacewalk jabberd/c2s[4040]: [7] legacy authentication succeeded: host=, username=rhn-dispatcher-sat, resource=superclient, TLS negotiated
> Nov 23 00:23:54 spacewalk jabberd/c2s[4040]: [7] requesting session: jid=rhn-dispatcher-sat at spacewalk.vsb.cz/superclient
> Nov 23 00:23:54 spacewalk jabberd/sm[4016]: request to start session in non-serviced domain: jid=rhn-dispatcher-sat at spacewalk.vsb.cz/superclient
>
> If I chabge sm.xml with:
>   <local>
>     <!-- Who we identify ourselves as.
>          Users will have this as the domain part of their JID.
>          If you want your server to be accessible from other
>          Jabber servers, this IDs must be FQDN resolvable by DNSes.
>          If not set, the SM id is used. -->
>     <id>localhost.localdomain</id>
>     <id>spacewalk.vsb.cz</id>
>     <!--
>     <id>vhost1.localdomain</id>
>     <id>vhost2.localdomain</id>
>     -->
>
>   </local>
> I see in log:
> Nov 23 00:34:53 spacewalk jabberd/c2s[5753]: [9] legacy authentication succeeded: host=, username=osad-174e14e924, resource=osad, TLS negotiated
> Nov 23 00:34:53 spacewalk jabberd/c2s[5753]: [9] requesting session: jid=osad-174e14e924 at spacewalk.vsb.cz/osad
> Nov 23 00:34:53 spacewalk jabberd/sm[5730]: user not found and user.auto-create not enabled, can't start session: jid=osad-174e14e924 at spacewalk.vsb.cz/osad
>
> Any hints?
> Thanks,
> David Hrbáč

Hi,
Here is what helped me. First of all, the problem is in jabberd. [1]
Fresh jabberd installation creates db [2] in /var/lib/jabberd/db:

[root at spacewalk lib]# ll /var/lib/jabberd/db
total 52
-rw-r----- 1 jabber jabber  24576 Nov 24 12:05 __db.001
-rw-r----- 1 jabber jabber 278528 Nov 24 12:05 __db.002
-rw-r----- 1 jabber jabber  98304 Nov 24 12:05 __db.003
-rw-r----- 1 jabber jabber 663552 Nov 24 12:05 __db.004
-rw-r----- 1 jabber jabber  16384 Nov 24 12:05 __db.005
-rw-r--r-- 1 jabber jabber      0 Nov 24 12:05 sqlite.db

As you might see, sqlite.db is empty. Removing db with:
/etc/init.d/jabberd stop
rm /var/lib/jabberd/db -rf
/etc/init.d/jabberd start

Jabberd re-created sqlite.db, but it still remains with zero size. We
have to recreate DB structure:
/etc/init.d/jabberd stop
cd /var/lib/jabberd/db
sqlite3 sqlite.db < /usr/share/jabberd/db-setup.sqlite
/etc/init.d/jabberd start

Now to the second broken one. As for me spacewalk-setup-jabberd does not
do what is supposed to do. This script has to create config files for
jabberd. One can create jabberd instance for spacewalk with:
spacewalk-setup-jabberd --macros hostname:spacewalk.mydomain.tld
This command creates files which are causing jabberd to log:
request to start session in non-serviced domain:
jid=rhn-dispatcher-sat at spacewalk.mydomain.tld/superclient

We have to remove/comment out in sm.xml:
  <!-- Local network configuration -->
  <local>
    <!-- Who we identify ourselves as.
         Users will have this as the domain part of their JID.
         If you want your server to be accessible from other
         Jabber servers, this IDs must be FQDN resolvable by DNSes.
         If not set, the SM id is used. -->
    <id>localhost.localdomain</id>
    <!--
    <id>vhost1.localdomain</id>
    <id>vhost2.localdomain</id>
    -->

  </local>
The second solution is to replace localhost.localdomain with
spacewalk.mydomain.tld.

This settings leads to:
user not found and user.auto-create not enabled, can't start session:
jid=osad-174e14e924 at spacewalk.mydomain.tld/osad

One has to uncomment <auto-create/> in sm.xml.

There is just one issue remaining with spacewalk-setup-jabberd. It
creates c2s.xml with:
<id require-starttls="false"
pemfile="/etc/pki/spacewalk/jabberd/server.pem" realm=""
register-enable="true">spacewalk.vsb.cz</id>

It should be replaced with:
<id require-starttls="false"
pemfile="/etc/pki/spacewalk/jabberd/server.pem" realm="spacewalk.vsb.cz"
register-enable="true">spacewalk.vsb.cz</id>

Hope this will help someone to save a lot of time...
Regards,
David Hrbac

[1] rpm -q jabberd jabberpy osad spacewalk-setup spacewalk-setup-jabberd
jabberd-2.2.11-1.el5
jabberpy-0.5-0.17.el5
package osad is not installed
spacewalk-setup-1.1.14-1.el5
spacewalk-setup-jabberd-1.2.2-1.el5

[2] Zero sqlite.db test commands:
rm /var/lib/jabberd/db -rf
rpm -e jabberd --nodeps
yum install jabberd
spacewalk-setup-jabberd --macros hostname:spacewalk.mydomain.tld --verbose