[Spacewalk-list] Package list not updating

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Tue Nov 30 10:26:42 UTC 2010

Michael Morel wrote:
% Running Spacewalk 1.2 and everything seems to be good except my
% clients are not updating their package lists.
% The All show "System is up to date".  rhnsd is running on the client
% and if I run rhn-profile-sync then everything
% updates and it shows that the client needs updates.  Shouldn`t this
% be happening automagically?

Yes, it should.
Just to be clear: The system overview page in spacewalk says "System is
up to date" but manual yum update on the system shows there packages to
update. And after manual rhn-profile-sync on the system also overview page in
spacewalk shows updates available, right?

How did you get packages into channels - via rhnpush, spacewalk-repo-sync
or satellite-sync?

% Michael

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat