[Spacewalk-list] Problems with remote commands on some systems

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Mon Oct 4 08:56:37 UTC 2010

Edward Dore wrote:
% Hopefully someone can help me with some weird behaviour that I'm seeing. I've got a fresh Spacewalk 1.1 install on a CentOS 5 server with multiple CentOS 5 clients (all 64-bit in case it makes a difference for some reason) and three of the registered systems are returning errors when running remote commands.
% These scripts are usually picked up by OSAD, but even if I disable OSAD and manually run rhn_check --verbose there is absolutely no output whatsoever

Hi Edward,

try rhn_check -vvv which is more verbose.

% I've confirmed that all actions are enabled with rhn-actions-control, and even disabled and re-enabled all of them. I've also made sure that /etc/sysconfig/rhn/allowed-actions/script/run exists and has the same permissions as a working system.
%
% I've pretty much run out of ideas at this point, so any help from someone more experienced with Spacewalk would really appreciated.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat