[Spacewalk-list] Server rename

Miller, Chris ChrisMiller at quickenloans.com
Mon Oct 4 18:10:09 UTC 2010

Hello, we recently installed a new spacewalk server from scratch with version 1.1.  In the middle of working on it, it was decided to move the server (it's a virtual machine) to another location which required a server name change.  This created quite a headache with all of the configuration files, certificates and other misc stuff in Spacewalk already being setup for the first name.  I think I cleaned up all of the references to the old name, but still have one lingering issue that I can't seem to fix.

The package search is broken on our server because it appears to be querying using the wrong server name.  When a package search is performed, we get a red banner with the error message:

Could not execute query 'kernel'.

Taking a quick look at /var/log/rhn/search/rhn_search_daemon.log reveals a few error messages that lead me to believe I need to change the servername somewhere in a config or database table:

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2010/10/04 14:07:02 | 2010-10-04 14:07:02,366 [Thread-9] ERROR com.redhat.satellite.search.rpc.handlers.IndexHandler - Caught exception:
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2010/10/04 14:07:02 | java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Unknown host specified

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2010/10/04 14:07:02 | WARNING: redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcFault: Io exception: Unknown host specified

Does anyone know where I might find the configuration file or database entry that holds the server name causing package search to fail on our server?

Chris Miller
Unix Systems Engineer
QuickenLoans.com