[Spacewalk-list] Can spacewalk manage himself?

Cliff Perry cperry at redhat.com
Thu Oct 7 02:37:58 UTC 2010

Miroslav Suchý wrote:
> On 10/05/2010 10:43 PM, Benedetto Vassallo wrote:
>> Hello List,
>> Can I register my spacewalk server into himself for
>> management/monitoring?
>
> Yes. You can do it and it is quite common scenario.

I wrote many moons ago a kbase article for Red Hat on this setup - if
you have a paid Satellite or RHEL subscription you should be able to
login to the knowledgebase and look it up for more details. It can be
done. For monitoring, use the Satellite/Spacewalk monitoring probes only
and not the entire monitoring probe suite. Osad doesn't work and few
other things, but osad and monitoring were top of the list.

Cliff.