[Spacewalk-list] Oracle XE reached 4GB Limit

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Wed Oct 13 14:53:50 UTC 2010

Rampersad, Shaun wrote:
%
% Rampersad, Shaun wrote:
% >> Hi all
% >>
% >> I've been using spacewalk to manage my centos servers. I have a mix of
% >> Centos 4 and 5, both 32 and 64 bit. I have created channels for each one
% >> of them and have over 100 servers registered.
% >>
% >>
% >>
% >> The problem is that the Oracle XE DB has reached its 4GB limit. How can
% >> I get around this? Do I need to delete all "old" packages from the
% >> repository and then delete the channel and upload?
% >
% >I do not have any solutions to offer other than trying to trim/purge old
% >system profiles and packages.
%
% I have deleted the Centos4 i386 channels since I only had 6 servers registered on this. I have also deleted about 3000 orphaned packages on spacewalk under "Manage Software Packages" but I still cannot load newer packages on Centos 5 channel. Its as if the delete did not free up the DB space and it is still on 4GB
%
% Anything else I can try? I wanted to delete the Centos4 x86_64 bit channel as well but if it has no effect then its pointless.

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/OracleXeSetup

If you run out of space in Oracle XE you can try and reclaim some space
by shrinking your storage:

Administration > Storage > Compact Storage in XE webUI
(http://your.satellite.tld:9055/apex/) .

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat