[Spacewalk-list] trying to get CentOS 5.5 to kickstart

Sascha Bendix sascha.bendix at 360t.com
Fri Oct 15 13:09:35 UTC 2010

Hi,

> CentOS 5.5 [.. Kickstart ..] hangs at a blue screen "Welcome to
> Centos" - I have remote syslogging going and the last step it ran was to
> "set SELinux context for mountpoint / ....."

Just some things you can do to debug the problem:

  * disable selinux during installation and see if the problem still exists
  * raise the log level to loglevel=debug
  * extract the kickstart file out of spacewalk and play around it a little bit
  * You should get a shell when changing to the second console at this point of installation - try to inspect what command is hanging

Can you perhaps post the logfile extract to pastebin or somewhere else?

Regards,

Sascha

believed to be clean.