[Spacewalk-list] expired satellite cert and can't login to change entitlement clashes

Aaron Prayther aprayther at LCE.com
Mon Oct 18 16:41:11 UTC 2010

If you have ever let a satellite completely expire, even after the week
of warning.  I know just don't do that, but if you do...

This was after receiving errors trying to update the cert from within
the gui before it expired.  Now that I think about it, it was probably
do to my not having Monitoring entitlements on the new cert and having
machine configured with them.  So this is a heads up for mismatched
certs in general.

rhn-satellite-activate --rhn-cert=cert.cert
RHN_PARENT: satellite.rhn.redhat.com
Error: You do not have enough unused monitoring_entitled entitlements in
the base org. You will need at least 25 free entitlements, based on your
current consumption. Please un-entitle the remaining systems for the
activation to proceed.

You can't login, but you can hit it with spacecmd...

[root at nces-sat-01 ~]# spacecmd system_list
[root at nces-sat-01 ~]# spacecmd system_delete nces-sb-vm-01 nces-sb-vm-02

You could system_removeentitlement I suppose but I did not test that
one.

Not the rhn-satellite-activate should work correctly.

Aaron Prayther