[Spacewalk-list] Clients Not Checking In With Spacewalk Server

Dustin Rice drrice at alaska.edu
Thu Oct 21 17:12:57 UTC 2010

  Hello folks.

I'm experiencing an issue with SW 1.1 where my clients don't appear to
be checking in with my SW server. Though when looking at their
properties through the web UI it claims they have. They aren't seeing
any package updates unless I run rhn-profile-sync or yum install on them.

Some googling turned up a few threads on this issue back in January, but
doesn't seem like anyone really found a solution. There was one, but it
was due to a hung job in the TaskQueue, my queue is empty.  I do have
OSA/OSA-dispatcher running fine, and rhnsd on the clients is set to the
default polling interval. I'm also seeing logs of my clients running
up2date to login to the SW server in /var/log/up2date.

I know I could kludge this with a cron job to run rhn-profile-sync but
given the fact I'm not seeing lots of people with this issue makes me
think I've got something misconfigured.

Any ideas?

--
Dustin Rice