[Spacewalk-list] Satellite cleanup /var/satellite/redhat directory

Alan Evans alanwevans at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 05:04:50 UTC 2010

My company is using Satellite 5.3 on a RHEL4 i386 box and we are preparing
for a migration to a RHEL5 x86_64 bit box.

In preparation I did a dry run of the rsync from one box to the other and it
looked like there are a ton more files than I would have expected.

We have been through upgrades from versions way back into the satellite 4.x
era and in one of those I know there were a lot of files moved around and I
am wondering if perhaps some of the files in /var/satellite/redhat are
orphaned.  i.e. they are on the filesystem but no longer in the database.

So my questions are:
1. Is there something that prevents files from  being left on the filesystem
and removed from the database?
2. Is there a way to check if any files in /var/satellite/redhat are
orphaned?

Regards,
-Alan