[Spacewalk-list] Rhncfg-client - topdir and directories

Will Lovins wlovins at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 16:24:47 UTC 2010

I'm curious about how rhncfg-client works with directories when using
topdir.

I have created a channel (test123) and have included a directory tree
(/etc/testing/a) and a file inside a (a/foo).
I set a specific mode on the a directory for /etc/testing/a as 0070.

I imported all of the files/directories into the channel using
rhncfg-manager. The permissions have been verified in Spacewalk as being
correct.

The problem comes in when I use rhncfg-client (rhncfg-client get --topdir
/usr/src/rhncfg/test123-export)
The output is:
Deploying /etc
Deploying /etc/testing
Deploying /etc/testing/a
Deploying /usr/src/rhncfg/test123-export/etc/testing/a/foo

If I look at the permissions for the directory "a" created in the topdir
area, I see the incorrect permissions (different than those in spacewalk)
ls -al /usr/src/rhncfg/test123-export/etc/testing/a/
drwx------ 2 root root 4096 Sep  8 10:47 .

If I look at the one created in /etc (that shouldn't be there), I see:
ls -al /etc/testing/a/
d---rwx--- 2 root root 4096 Sep  8 10:41 .

Why is topdir being ignored for directories? It is deploying the directories
into /etc, but that should only happen without --topdir being defined.
It this intentional or a bug to handle files/directories differently from
the same config channel?

This happens for both
rhncfg-client-5.9.19-1.el5
and