[Spacewalk-list] systems not registered by default? almost there..

Jason Welsh jason at monsterjam.org
Wed Sep 15 20:32:29 UTC 2010

On 09/14/10 19:59, Colin Coe wrote:
> Mike
>
> Yes, clients can access RPMs before activation/registration but not
> trivially.  Here's a snippet from the post script from a kickstart:
> ---
> mkdir -p /tmp/rhn_rpms/optional
> cd /tmp/rhn_rpms/optional
> wget -P /tmp/rhn_rpms/optional
> http://127.0.0.1/download/package/914a8ce4e6f7676172d0a4a7f676c27ec9a2a671/0/1/574/libxml2-python-2.6.26-2.1.2.8.x86_64.rpm
> http://127.0.0.1/download/package/820777256524475e88b262c612dbac16af14ccc4/0/1/9831/rhnlib-2.5.26-1.el5.noarch.rpm
> http://127.0.0.1/download/package/3fd11ca62e5c2445fb825be90c6d180b6ff7a258/0/1/1433/pyOpenSSL-0.6-1.p24.7.2.2.x86_64.rpm
> rpm -Uvh --replacepkgs --replacefiles
> /tmp/rhn_rpms/optional/pyOpenSSL* /tmp/rhn_rpms/optional/rhnlib*
> /tmp/rhn_rpms/optional/libxml2-python*
ok, im trying this now and the problem im running into now, is that the
rpms off my spacewalk server are ONLY available over https, not http, so
that the wget in the kickstart process cannot get them.

how can I shut off the https for downloading the rpms?  Ive found this
option under

Admin-> Spacewalk Configuration->General-> Default To SSL
this was previously checked, I unchecked it and restarted spacewalk, but
it doesnt seem to have the desired outcome.

any ideas?

Jason