[Spacewalk-list] how do the files in /etc/yum.repos.d/ relate when using spacewalk?

Marco Giunta giunta at sissa.it
Thu Sep 23 08:08:08 UTC 2010

On -28163-01--10 20:59, Jet Wilda wrote:

> Hi,
>
>                 So then your workstations have the spacewalk server
> and your local yum repository setup to get RPMs from.  Am I
> understanding that correctly?

No, my workstations have only spacewalk repository by rhnplugin

>   Or how do the work stations get something from say EPEL that isn't
> setup via it's activation key channels?

In my spacewalk server I have a channel for every different repository:
Centos base, updates, extras, Epel, Rpmforge, Karan , Spacewalk-client
and another with my personal rpms. Every night, a cron script, sync all
repositories from external source with 'reposync -l bla bla bla ' ('-l'
flag = enable yum plugin support) to a local directories on my spacewalk
server; in this way I manage 'priority plugin'. Then, same script, sync
my local mirrors with spacewalk channels (spacewalk-repo-sync bla bla bla)

My activation keys have as base channel, CentOS Base and as child
channels, all other channels. So, with 'yum install bla bla' I can
install a rpm belong to Epel, from my spacewalk server ...

   Marco

--