[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk install/initialization issues on CentOS 5.5 (x86_64)

Dan Burkland dburklan at NMDP.ORG
Mon Sep 27 13:00:21 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I am trying to setup a Spacewalk server in a test environment on a CentOS 5.5 VMware VM with the following specs:

CPU: 1
RAM: 2048MB
HDD: 20GB (2GB SWAP)

This VM is fully up to date and I have been using the "How to Install Spacewalk" guide found here https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall. I can get everything installed however my problems begin at the step which requires spacewalk to be configured/initialized by running the "spacewalk-setup --disconnected" command. Right after pressing "Y" to tell the configurator to enable "tftp" & "xinted", I get the following error messages:

cobblerd does not appear to be running/accessible
* Restarting services.
Tomcat failed to start properly or the installer ran out of tries.  Please check /var/log/tomcat*/catalina.out for errors.
Installation complete.
Visit https://CentOSTest2.dburkland.com to create the Spacewalk administrator account.

The contents of the /var/log/tomcat5/catalina.out file can be found at http://pastebin.com/h4FDyJ9V

When I try to complete the last step in the "How to Install Spacwalk" guide described above (running the "/usr/sbin/rhn-satellite restart" command), everything seems to stop/start except for the osa-dispatcherservice. When this service is started I get the output shown here http://spacewalk.pastebin.com/QCP8WBv6

When I point my browser to https://CentOSTest2.dburkland.com I get a page seen in this screenshot http://yfrog.com/5lspacewalkerrormsgj

I have tried my best to troubleshoot this but after a day I have still been unable to get this working. I have tried disabling SELinux to no avail so as of right now it is enabled and enforcing. (iptables is disabled FYI)

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Dan