[Spacewalk-list] Deleted Package Cleanup?

David Nutter davidn at bioss.sari.ac.uk
Wed Sep 29 08:57:31 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 01:58:02PM -0400, Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> 	I'm trying to delete a few old channels that I have and running into a
> problem.  For whatever reason, if I choose more than 50 packages, I'm
> typically greeted by a 500 Error from spacewalk.  As a result, I don't
> think the packages are actually being deleted, though they are no longer
> listed in spacewalk.
>
> 	Is there anything I can run to clean up these orphaned packages?  Is
> there a better way to remove channels so this doesn't happen?

You may be running out of space in Oracle's UNDO tablespace, so check
the spacewalk logs for oracle errors ocurring when you try and delete
a bunch of packages. Fortunately Oracle XE's space limit doesn't
include the UNDO tablespace so you can make it pretty big without
running into problems.

David Nutter  				Tel: +44 (0)131 650 4888
BioSS, JCMB, King's Buildings, Mayfield Rd, EH9 3JZ. Scotland, UK

Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland (BioSS) is formally part of The
Scottish Crop Research Institute (SCRI), a registered Scottish charity
No. SC006662