[Spacewalk-list] Java server pages precompilation

Lukas Zapletal lzap+spw at redhat.com
Thu Sep 30 07:14:18 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I have changed our build process to precompile JSPF pages along with JSP pages. This solves known bug 628555 (ServletException/JspException File not found /usr/share/tomcat6/work/Catalina/ ... /jsp/WEB_002dINF/ ...) and also speeds up application responses after startup (no server pages compilation needs to be done now - you may noticed some links were slower than others when clicking for the first time).

I have upgraded the jasper2-compiler library in the ivy.xml to version 5.5 (we use this version in RPMs), created a internal class that sets file extensions for Jasper2 properly, changed the jasper2 taskdef in our build-taskdefs.xml and fixed a LOG4J warning in the precompilation build step. By precompiling those pages I have found three minor problems in JSPF files: one was no longer in use and two was missing a jsp tag definition. I have fixed that. Our package will be slightly bigger because instead 446 compiled pages (class files) we have 561. That's nothing.

If you run into problems let me know.

commit 3fd124cb5b3c61319ed94c3cacd37a54b8175729