[Spacewalk-list] file deployment not processed

Jonathan DeHaan jdehaan at nexstar.tv
Tue Apr 12 14:29:05 UTC 2011

On 04/12/2011 08:52 AM, Assaf Flatto wrote:
Hello

I've tried to test the deployment of files after uploading several sample maintenance files to the server and assigned them to the target client.

Action Type: Deploy
config files to system Scheduler: assaf
Earliest execution: 4/12/11 12:45:24 PM GMT
Notes: Revision 1<https://172.16.2.9/rhn/configuration/file/FileDetails.do?cfid=1&crid=1> of /weekly/phase.1/diskspace from Phase1<https://172.16.2.9/rhn/configuration/ChannelOverview.do?ccid=1>

now i am waiting for the system to process the request  but for the last 2 hours it has not done anything .

I thought of using the osad tool , but i have postgresql on version 1.3 and hence it does not work , and i need to verify that i can use the system as needed ,

how can i force the deploy and check it (i down loaded the satellite pdfs from redhat  but found no way to resolve my issue , and also not in the wiki)

Thanks

sorry for too many emails - this is my first run with spacewalk .

Assaf

Log into the client and run rhn_check. This will force the client to check with the spacewalk server for any updates immediately. If rhnsd is running, it may take up to four hours for the client to check in.

We all have to start somewhere. :-)

Jonathan DeHaan
Linux Systems Engineer