[Spacewalk-list] Dell OpenManage

Edward Dore edward.dore at freethought-internet.co.uk
Wed Apr 13 10:33:18 UTC 2011

I've tried to use dell-satellite-sync with test installations of Spacewalk 1.2 and 1.3, but with a couple of pitfalls.

You have to edit a couple of lines of the Python code to tell it which channels to use as it is tailored for RHEL.

The other problem I ran in to but didn't have time to investigate thoroughly was that Dell changed the structure of the OpenManage repository with 6.3 (I think) which resulted in dell-satellite-sync trying to put RPMs with the same name but different hashes into multiple channels, which Spacewalk then objects to. From memory, I think it was something to do with the noarch packages, but I can't remember exactly.

Edward Dore
Freethought Internet