[Spacewalk-list] Removing errata disassociates packages with channels

r.rigby at leeds.ac.uk r.rigby at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Apr 14 16:01:17 UTC 2011

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011, Jason M. Nielsen wrote:

> On 04/14/2011 09:28 AM, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
>> On 04/14/2011 05:17 PM, Jason M. Nielsen wrote:
>>> Spacewalk 1.2:
>>> I discovered that removing an errata causes all of the associated
>>> packages with said errata to end up in no channels. I could be wrong but
>>> this seems like a bug. I have not tested all scenarios but it seems you
>>> could have at least two legit reasons to do this and not affect the
>>> packages. 1)Incorrectly setup errata. 2)Errata associated with one arch
>>> and not the other yet it has all packages listed, no way to separate.
>>> Just a thought.
>>
>> I believe this is correct scenario.
>>
>> And you can very easily delete all packages, which is in no channel -
>> AFAIK just 3 clicks.
>>

> What if you dont want the packages removed, only the errata?

hi jason,

i believe you first have to remove the package from the errata.
this can be done from the web interface through 'manage errata', in the
'packages' section.
once you have removed the package from the errata, it should be possible
to delete the errata, without also deleting the packages.
it looks like there are relevant api calls to do the same, though i
personally haven't used these before.

thanks,

richard