[Spacewalk-list] Configuring Proxy

Assaf Flatto assaf.flatto at goldmoney.com
Fri Apr 15 14:11:56 UTC 2011

Further more when trying to install the proxy-common package - it produces an error of conflicts

yum install spacewalk-proxy-common
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities
 * base: mirror.switch.ch
 * centosplus: mirror.switch.ch
 * contrib: mirror.switch.ch
 * extras: mirror.switch.ch
 * rpmforge: fr2.rpmfind.net
 * updates: mirror.switch.ch
Setting up Install Process
Resolving Dependencies
- --> Running transaction check
- ---> Package spacewalk-proxy-common.noarch 0:1.3.11-1.el5 set to be updated
- --> Processing Dependency: spacewalk-proxy-broker >= 1.3.11 for package: spacewalk-proxy-common
- --> Running transaction check
- ---> Package spacewalk-proxy-broker.noarch 0:1.3.11-1.el5 set to be updated
- --> Processing Dependency: squid for package: spacewalk-proxy-broker
- --> Processing Dependency: spacewalk-ssl-cert-check for package: spacewalk-proxy-broker
- --> Running transaction check
- ---> Package spacewalk-ssl-cert-check.noarch 1:2.1-1.el5 set to be updated
- --> Processing Dependency: /etc/cron.daily/certwatch for package: spacewalk-ssl-cert-check
- ---> Package squid.x86_64 7:2.6.STABLE21-6.el5 set to be updated
- --> Running transaction check
- ---> Package crypto-utils.x86_64 0:2.3-2.el5 set to be updated
- --> Processing Conflict: spacewalk-proxy-broker conflicts rhns-satellite-tools
- --> Finished Dependency Resolution
spacewalk-proxy-broker-1.3.11-1.el5.noarch from spacewalk has depsolving problems
  --> spacewalk-proxy-broker conflicts with spacewalk-backend-tools
Error: spacewalk-proxy-broker conflicts with spacewalk-backend-tools
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: package-cleanup --problems
                        package-cleanup --dupes
                        rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

Is this due to an repo out of date or something more then just that ?

Assaf