[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk proxy servers

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Thu Apr 21 17:30:54 UTC 2011

On 04/21/2011 06:08 PM, William S. wrote:
> The issue is that we need to be able to provision hosts in each site, as I
> understand it, proxy would not have the kickstart/DHCPD capability. It is
> enough to do rpm distribution, we need to be able to provision hosts as
> well. If the proxy isn't capable of provisioning, then wouldn't the
> master/master model work?

Spacewalk Proxy can provide kickstarts, distribution files.

It does not contain dhcpd (but neither Spacewalk Server)
And it does not contain pxe service (which is integrated in Spacewalk
Server via cobbler).
So if you set up tftpd and you are willing to manually maintaint it.
Then Spacewalk Proxy is enough for you.

Having set up Spacewalk Server in master/master is technically doable,
but it is very very hard. It is very close to impossible.

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering