[Spacewalk-list] Seeing a couple of problems when trying to do updates

bearwere bearwere at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 04:02:33 UTC 2011

$ yum whatprovides */libpopt.so.0
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, rhnplugin
*Note* Red Hat Network repositories are not listed below. You must run
this command as root to access RHN repositories.
centalt-x86_64
43/43
centos5-base-x86_64
3535/3535
centos5-updates-x86_64
390/390
epel5-x86_64
6439/6439
pp-contrib-x86_64
17/17
spacewalk-client-x86_64
22/22
popt-1.10.2.3-22.el5.i386 : A C library for parsing command line parameters.
Repo        : centos5-base-x86_64
Matched from:
Filename    : /usr/lib/libpopt.so.0

this is a file from "popt" package which is in the base repository. You
either don't have in spacewalk channel or generated metadata is wrong.
To determine which is it, check primary.xml.gz you were talking about in
the first message. Does it contain a reference to popt?