[Spacewalk-list] simple question about updates

Dale Bewley dale at fedoraproject.org
Fri Apr 29 21:13:48 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 16:04 -0400, jason at monsterjam.org wrote:
> how exactly do the "update" rpms work out of spacewalk?
> is it as simple as adding another channel under your base channel and dumping/syncing the "update"
> rpms into it? i guess yum just knows to use the rpms with the higher version number no matter which
> channel they come out of ?
>
> regards,
> Jason

Apparently you must have an intermediate errata object which points to
the update. There are scripts which import CENTOS errata notices to
populate a spacewalk channel with the RPMs, but I think the similar
script for Fedora isn't available?

https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2011-January/msg00042.html

Anyone know the status of that?