[Spacewalk-list] Clean install of Spacewalk 1.5 vs patching current 1.5 Install

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Thu Aug 4 12:44:12 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 02, 2011 at 11:16:28AM +0200, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
> On 08/01/2011 03:19 AM, Andrew Hendrik Bootsma wrote:
> > Would it be a better idea to clean install? (Only about 10 servers.. not
> > to worried just painful re-syncing repos) or should I start providing
> > logs more information regarding the "problem".
>
> I doubt that clean install will help you. So the former is better.

Miroslav meant the later is better.

Things won't get fixed in the new release by magic -- things will get
fixed by someone reproducing the issue and someone coming up with
a patch. For that, we need the problem described and investigated in
as much detail as possible, either in bugzilla or here on the mailing
list.

--
Jan Pazdziora