[Spacewalk-list] centos 6

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Thu Aug 4 16:06:36 UTC 2011

On Thu, 4 Aug 2011, Miroslav Suchý wrote:

> On 08/04/2011 09:25 AM, Frédéric SOSSON wrote:
>> rhn-setup package is missing, so registration does not work.
>
> Yes, all Spacewalk packages - including rhn-client-tools, rhnlib,
> yum-rhn-plugin - has been removed from Centos.
> I tried to talk several times to their devels to add it there, but
> unsuccessfully.
>
> You have two option.
> 1) Persuade somebody to add it to Centos.
> 2) Add this packages to your Centos channel/repo so it is available
> during kickstart.

One concern from the CentOS side is to not include packages
that cause backsplatter load on Red Hat update servers

Miroslav, is rhn-setup free of such backsplatter?  If you so
indicate, I'll file the needed bug, or you may, at
http://bugs.centos.org/ and we'll address it in the build
design

-- Russ herrold
 	herrold centos org