[Spacewalk-list] Architecture question

Martin Eggen mare at steria.no
Fri Aug 5 10:17:07 UTC 2011

Hi,
correct, my base channel is still 5.6 and the updates channel receives patches (now at 5.7). Mrepo runs daily (nightly), but I do not rebuild ISOs.
Documentation for setting up mrepo with RHN is here: https://github.com/dagwieers/mrepo/blob/master/docs/redhat-network.txt

Also check https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/browser/scripts/clone-errata/<https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/browser/scripts/clone-errata/rhn-clone-errata.py>  for cloning RHN errata into your (Base) channel with rhn-clone-errata.py.

You need to edit chanMap (ca line 455) to match your SPW channel name, but apart from that it was not too much work setting up. I did one errata clone with -begin-date=<RHEL 5.6 release date> and then I run it nightly with --begin-date=<yesterday> to clone new erratas. I only use rhn-clone-errata (not spw-clone-errata between local channels, yet).

Martin