[Spacewalk-list] Channel Deletion Problem - v1.4

Tomas Lestach tlestach at redhat.com
Mon Aug 8 14:37:53 UTC 2011

Hey Andy,

> Nope, the traceback talks about database constraint
> RHN_ENQUEUE_CID_FK
> which says there are records in the rhnErrataNotificationQueue table
> for this channels -- it's not about channel being child or having
> children.

Jan is correct here.

But when you check:

CREATE TABLE rhnErrataNotificationQueue
(
    errata_id    NUMBER NOT NULL
                     CONSTRAINT rhn_enqueue_eid_fk
                         REFERENCES rhnErrata (id)
                         ON DELETE CASCADE,
    org_id       NUMBER NOT NULL
                     CONSTRAINT rhn_enqueue_oid_fk
                         REFERENCES web_customer (id)
                         ON DELETE CASCADE,
    next_action  DATE
                     DEFAULT (sysdate),
    channel_id   NUMBER NOT NULL
                     CONSTRAINT rhn_enqueue_cid_fk
                         REFERENCES rhnChannel(id)
                         ON DELETE cascade,
    created      DATE
                     DEFAULT (sysdate) NOT NULL,
    modified     DATE
                     DEFAULT (sysdate) NOT NULL
)
ENABLE ROW MOVEMENT
;

the 'CONSTRAINT rhn_enqueue_cid_fk REFERENCES rhnChannel(id) ON DELETE cascade' shall ensure the all the rows from rhnErrataNotificationQueue get deleted together the associated channel.
>From my point the table definition look good.

So, the question is, how did you manage to delete the channel without deleting appropriate rhnErrataNotificationQueue entries?

Regards,
Tomas
--
Tomas Lestach