[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk API using PHP

Miroslav Suchy msuchy at redhat.com
Tue Aug 9 15:38:31 UTC 2011

Dne 9.8.2011 04:03, Jeremy Davis napsal(a):
> List,
>
> I am looking to use php for a web tool that I am creating that uses the
> Spacewalk API. I was wanting to know if anyone has used PHP to work with
> the Spacewalk API and if so could provide me some example code and
> libraries used. Any assistance you could provide would be greatly
> appreciated.

See
http://phpxmlrpc.sourceforge.net/doc-2/ch07s03.html

I tried to rewrite example script, which you can find at your spacewalk
at /rhn/apidoc/scripts.jsp to PHP.

$SATELLITE_LOGIN = "username"
$SATELLITE_PASSWORD = "password"

$client = new xmlrpc_client("http://satellite.example.com/rpc/api");
$client->return_type = 'phpvals';
$message = new xmlrpcmsg("auth.login", array(new
xmlrpcval($SATELLITE_LOGIN, "string"), new
xmlrpcval($SATELLITE_PASSWORD, "string")));
$resp = $client->send($message);
$key = $resp->value();

$message = new xmlrpcmsg("user.list_users", array(new xmlrpcval($key,
"string")));
foreach ($resp->value() as $user) {
   echo $user['login']
}

I wrote that from top of my head. I did not wrote in PHP for ages, so
pardon me if there is some typo. If it actually works, I would be glad
for the feedback and I may add it to example scripts.

Mirek