[Spacewalk-list] Repo-Sync not working on 1.5 (PostgreSQL)

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Wed Aug 10 09:19:24 UTC 2011

Dirk Lohbeck wrote:
% Hi,
%
% I successfully setup Spacewalk 1.5 with PostgreSQL on a CentOS 5.6 (64 bit)
% VM.
% But when I try to add content, repo-sync fails me.
% I have added a Centos6 x86_64 Channel, linked to the official Centos6-x86_64
% Repository, together with correct GPG key and fingerprint.
% The Spacewalk VM is sitting behing a proxy, whose setting I have applied
% system wide (/etc/profile)
% and also to the Spacewalk GUI.
% I can access the repository's URL without problem.
%
% But when try to actually issue a sync request (either via GUI or with
% spacewalk-repo-sync)
% it will always fail instantly with this error:
% ----------
% [root at det-repos-1 repodata]# spacewalk-repo-sync -c centos6-x86_64 --url
% http://mirror.centos.org/centos-6/6/os/x86_64/ --type yum
% Traceback (most recent call last):
%   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/yumRepo.py", line 1402, in
% _getRepoXML
%     raise Errors.RepoError, msg
% yum.Errors.RepoError: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for
% repository: centos6-x86_64. Please verify its path and try again

There must be an error in your proxy settings.
The very same setup works on my test machine.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat